Front Desk – The front desk is open from 9AM to 8PM Sunday to Thursday and 9AM to 12AM Friday and Saturday. Please text us at (512)764-9998 if you wish to begin check in before you arrive or if you anticipate arriving outside of the hours of operation.
Outdoor Pool – The pool is open from 10AM to 10PM daily. There is no lifeguard on duty and the pool is not heated. No glass by the pool. Pool-friendly drinks may be purchased at the bar when it is open or at the front desk outside of bar hours. No outside alcoholic beverages are allowed at the pool.
Fitness Center – The fitness center includes a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, free weights, mats, and bands/weighted balls. The fitness center is open twenty-four hours a day.
- Enjoy free high-speed Wi-Fi
- Watch your faves on a 55-inch flat screen TV with cable
- Listen to tunes and wake-up using a Tivoli bluetooth alarm clock radio
- Nespresso coffee machines – To dilute espresso, press the coffee button until you reach the desired coffee strength.
- Relax on your balcony with creek or garden views
- Sleep on your Simmons Westbury Plush mattress covered in Parachute premium quality sateen sheets made from 100% long-staple Egyptian cotton.
- Revitalize with the LATHER aromatherapy shower collection – made with essential oils and shea butter and no synthetics, color, parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, or animal testing.
- Dry off with Parachute 100% long-stable Turkish cotton towels. Note hair dryers are located in the closet.
Ruby Bar – Enjoy custom cocktails, beer, wine, and bites at the Ruby Bar. The Ruby Bar is a renovated 1960’s house with a patio over looking Brushy Creek and conference room that can be rented for meetings or events. See the bar page on our website for hours of operation. Food and drinks may be ordered at the bar, service window, or to-go by calling (512)366-3933.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in time is 3PM to 8PM Sunday thru Thursday and 3PM to 10PM Friday & Saturday, at which time our front desk closes. If you plan to check-in after hours, no problem. Please text us at (512)764-9998 and we will collect the necessary information (credit card and photo ID) to text your room code to you.
Check-out is 11AM. If you would like more time on the day of your departure, please contact us the night before so we can determine if we can accommodate your request.
Green & Environmentally-Minded Practices
- Reusable water bottles providing complimentary in-room water
- Wooden, biodegradable coffee stirrers
- Rainwater collected & reused for irrigation
- Mindfully chosen in-room collateral to limit paper waste
- Discounted room rate (Green Engage) to accept limited housekeeping during stays of 2+ nights
- Paper, biodegradable straws
- Multi-use, QR code menus
- Reusable plastic cups utilized at the pool
- Biodegradable to-go boxes
- Proper plates & utensils used for room service orders
- Cans & other recyclables are recycled at the conclusion of each shift
Credit Card Authorization and Payment
A valid credit card is required to make a reservation and all major credit cards are accepted. Payment will be collected at the time the reservation is made, unless other payment arrangements are made with the front desk. Please be aware that a credit card for incidentals must be provided and authorized at check in. We also require a photo ID that matches the name of whom the room is booked under.
Guests are responsible for any damage or loss they cause to the property. Guests may be charged for, or charged cleaning fees for, damaged, destroyed or excessively soiled towels, linens and other soft goods. For full property reservations and in other situations under management’s discretion, a damage and security deposit will be required.
The Ruby Hotel does not have an elevator. Stairs are used to access second level rooms. Please request a first-floor room, if necessary. ADA rooms are located on the first floors and are Rooms A104 (king room) and B107 (king suite). A104 features a bathtub and seat and B017 features a roll-in shower, as well as a bathtub and seat.
Guests 21 years or older may book rooms at The Ruby Hotel.
Parking is available in two on-site lots. If these lots are full, parking is available for free along Fannin Avenue and other adjacent streets. Parking is for guests of The Ruby Hotel and the Ruby Bar only.
Parties, Events and Gatherings
The Ruby is a small, quiet hotel. Guests who disturb other guests will be asked to leave and will not be provided a refund. Due to the intimate nature of our property, private events that include guests not staying at the property require approval. A separate events agreement and additional fees may apply. No parties, group gatherings, company meetings, etc. may be held without prior approval, and may forfeit your reservation without refund. If a guest or group becomes disruptive, a $250 penalty will be billed to credit card on file of any and all identified disruptive persons.
No alcohol may be brought onto the property, per TABC permit.
If you would like to host a party or event at The Ruby Hotel & Bar, please contact us for rates and availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quiet hours are from 10PM to 9AM Sunday to Thursday and 11PM to 9AM on Friday & Saturday. We ask for guests enjoying the outdoors to reduce noise levels and close doors quietly.
The Ruby Hotel offers a limited number of pet-friendly rooms. Pet fees are $50 per night and pet-friendly reservations can only be made by phone. Pets must be on a leash at all times and picked up after. Pets may not be left alone in the rooms.
There are no phones in the hotel rooms, but a guest phone is located in the fitness center (on the wall near men’s bathroom).
All rooms and balconies are non-smoking. The smoking area is the patio located to the south of the Ruby Bar. There will be a $250 fee for not complying with smoking policies.